NIKE AIR MAX
The Nike Air Max 20xx series has been the most counterfeited sports footwear style in recent times is a testament to its mass appeal as a casual shoe.
Some of the rip-offs are so well made that it’s hard to tell them apart. And why doesn’t Nike go after these guys? Because the process will end up becoming the footwear version of whack-a-mole, with too much energy spent for little results.
The best way in this scenario would be to move forward, which brings us to Air 2017.
The Air platform might have fallen out of favor with serious runners, but it still helps Nike sell shiploads of shoes. When the first AM version – the Air 2006 to be precise – made its public appearance over a decade ago, plenty of Nike running shoes still came with Max Air heels.
Old-timers will remember the popular Air Max Moto and other ‘tiered’ versions of the Air Max 2006 such as the 180 and 90. But it’s soon going to be 2017, and the running shoe landscape has evolved by leaps and bounds.
- 100% Synthetic
- Rubber sole
- Flymesh upper provides breathable support.
- Full-length Max Air unit delivers enhanced cushioning.
- Soft rubber outsole enhances cushioning.
- Sculpted Cushlon midsole combines plush cushioning with springy resilience for impact absorption.
- Full-length Max Air unit uses a tubular construction to provide cushioning and a smooth transition through footstrike.